Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Nexus 5596 / Metro 3600 Switches do not come up on LMS 3.2

All,

Can you please assist with the following

I am running LMS 3.2 and can not see the Nexus 5596 / ME-3600X-24FS-M Cisco switches on Cisco works LMS 3.2.

Where I need them most is DFM the devices come up as unknown

An example below  10.125.202.1 is NExus 5596  and the resrt are ME3600

208.10.125.202.1UnknownN/AN/A
209.10.115.1.4UnknownN/AN/A
210.10.115.1.3UnknownN/AN/A
211.10.115.1.2UnknownN/AN/A
212.10.115.1.1UnknownN/AN/A

going through the article below  looks like its not supported

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/3.2/device_support/table/lms32sdt.html#3.2table

Can you please help with the options I have next ? 

Can I upgrade to LMS 3.3 or only do an upgrade for DFM ?

Want to avoid LMS 4 as thats an installation from scratch.

Your help is much appreciated

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You will face continued challenges running software that has passed its end-of-sales date. Cisco will not be developing updates for it and you will see more and more new products be unmanageable.

You need to upgrade the whole suite - you can't pick and choose among the tools as they have tightly coupled dependencies.

I'd really recommend moving to LMS 4.2. It is a major upgrade and will cost for the license but will give you a much more current and capable network management system.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

All can you please assist with teh above

You will face continued challenges running software that has passed its end-of-sales date. Cisco will not be developing updates for it and you will see more and more new products be unmanageable.

You need to upgrade the whole suite - you can't pick and choose among the tools as they have tightly coupled dependencies.

I'd really recommend moving to LMS 4.2. It is a major upgrade and will cost for the license but will give you a much more current and capable network management system.