Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco PI 2.1 can't display monitoring interface utilization result

musikman1988
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Experts,

Our company have a Cisco PI 2.1 system, I want to monitoring some router's interface utilization.

I followed cisco prime training course to set up some config in cisco PI, but it's seemed to be not effective.

There's no result can be displayed in PI,  I have no idea the root cause, can anyone help me with it?

The config detail please refer to attachment.

Thanks in advance,

/Frank

9 Replies 9

jlhainy
Level 2
Level 2

You are probably hitting bug ID CSCuq18798.  Even with the latest patch, it has not been fixed and it doesn't look like its on the list to be fixed soon.  I am curious if PI 2.2 has the fix.

The equivalent screens seem to be working fine for me with Prime Infrastructure 2.2.

Summary and detail screenshots as follows (open in new tab to zoom in):

Marvin,

Are you using PI 2.2 to manage both wired and wireless?

Yes - this one with 2.2 is a modest-sized enterprise with about 1100 APs under a single WLC and about 150 managed switches (mostly 3850s, 4500-Xs and a couple of Nexus 7ks).

They also have ISE integration (although they're only doing wireless ISE at the moment).

and are they running an appliance or on a VM?  The reason I ask is we have been having issues running PI 2.1 on a VM managing both wired and wireless.  If we do just wireless, everything seems fine.  I would really like to manage both if possible.  Other organizations have said they needed to run 2 appliances, one for wired and one for wireless. 

I am in a organization where there are about 2000 APs and 300 managed switches.  If upgrading to PI 2.2 is going to help me get there, then that is something I need to consider.

It's a VM.

I chose the Express-Plus profile even though I could technically have used the Express profile for what they're managing. I always try to err on the side of more resources when building a management system. Getting a customer to adapt their workflow to properly leverage a NMS is hard enough without it also being a drag to use due to system sluggishness.

We're also running it on a nice new shiny data center - UCS B240 series blade with fast storage on Netapp SAS disks and connected directly to the 7010 core (via the Fabric Interconnect of course).

Hi Marvin,

Thank you for reply....

Based on jlhainy talked before, I search it on cisco bug website. I think my issue is similar with it.

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCuq18798

And also, I confirm my PI system version and monitor config again, becasue I'm not familiar with cisco PI operation, could you please help me to check whether my monitoring config is correct? (please refer to attchament)

If my setting is correct, that must be the cisco PI 2.1 bug, I will consider to upgrade the software verison.

Thanks in advance,

BR

Frank

I opened a TAC case and we did find another bug that is fixed in PI 2.2  So I am going to be upgrading soon.

Hi jlhainy,

Thank you for reply....

Based on you suggestion, I search it on cisco bug website.

But on this bug, it's said We are able to see data if we run Report > Report Launchpad > Device > Interface Utilization

But in my case, I can't see the Device>Interface Utilization report also.

The report error displayed that No data matches the specified criteria for the report, I have no idea  about it, did I do something wrong with it? or I miss some step?

Detail please refer to attachment.

Thanks in advance,

BR

Frank

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: