Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime 1.3 TFTP/FTP servers

jino_jacob
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We recently upgraded from WCS to Prime infrastructure and i'm trying to figure out how to browse the configuration backup files that Prime pulls from the controllers.

I have enabled the TFTP/FTP servers under server settings and set the Controller configuration backup to use 'Default Server'

--> Can someone please tell me how i could scoop the config backup files out of Prime Infrastructure default TFTP server?

--> What would be the FTP username/Password for the default server or how do i set one?

-- >Also, backup task is not successfuly for some devices and gives a message -

"Failed for some devices. Please search for "Controller Configuration Backup" in NCS logs for more details""

I downloaded the log file from Administration - Logging. Not sure where i should be looking since there is ton of files in the zip package?

Thanks in advance for any help you could provide.

Jino

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Johnson
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

--> Can someone please tell me how i could scoop the config backup files out of Prime Infrastructure default TFTP server?

--> What would be the FTP username/Password for the default server or how do i set one?

1.  If you're running PI 1.2 or 1.3::: enable the root password by typing root_enable from the CLI and entering a root passowrd.  Once the password has been setup and entered, type root and press return.  This will take you to the linux OS shell.  From there, cd /localdisk/tftp and from there you will see the files using the ls command.

2. The username and password you will use to ftp to/from NCS/PI is ftp-user ::: to set the password go to the CLI and type ncs password ftpuser ftp-user password

from the log files there's an inventory.log and i think the other is ifm_inventory

pull the log files over to a linux or unix box then grep for the IP address of the device giving you problems...

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Rob Johnson
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

1.  If you're running PI 1.2 or 1.3::: enable the root password by typing root_enable from the CLI and entering a root passowrd.  Once the password has been setup and entered, type root and press return.  This will take you to the linux OS shell.  From there, cd /localdisk/tftp and from there you will see the files using the ls command.

2. The username and password you will use to ftp to/from NCS/PI is ftp-user ::: to set the password go to the CLI and type ncs password ftpuser ftp-user password

from the log files there's an inventory.log and i think the other is ifm_inventory

pull the log files over to a linux or unix box then grep for the IP address of the device giving you problems...

Hope this helps