Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime 3.3 CLI - Banner Configuration

syyang28108
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

There has to be an easier way to add a banner to the Prime CLI pre-login screen but I can't seem to figure out a way to do it. I've tried to scp/sftp/ftp/tftp/nfs a banner.txt file i created from a directory on my fileserver but I get an error: transfer failed. It's asking for a username and password for which i have no clue when i used some of the protocols. What am i doing wrong?

I've read some articles but nothing specific... Your help is very much appreciate it.

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If it asking username and password (means your required authneticaiton)

best way to setup a TFTP and copy banner.txt in the root folder of TFTP and use it, make sure TFTP IP reachable to Prime

follow bannerl configuraiton :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/prime/infrastructure/3-3/user/guide/bk_CiscoPrimeInfrastructure_3_3_0_UserGuide/bk_CiscoPrimeInfrastructure_3_3_0_UserGuide_chapter_011000.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

yajimene
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

When adding a banner to Prime Infrastructure, it will follow this syntax:

PI/admin# banner install pre-login <filename> repository <repoName>

So you need to create first a repository pointing to your ftp server, make sure you add the ftp user and password:

conf t
repository <repoName>
url ftp://X.X.X.X
user <username> password plain <password>

So let's say I have my banner.txt stored on an ftp server IP: 10.2.2.2, where I configured an ftp user/password: ftp-user/cisco123

conf t
repository FTP
url ftp://10.2.2.2
user ftp-user password plain cisco123 

exit

banner install pre-login banner.txt repository FTP

That worked for me.

- Yaros