cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime 3.9 Lose connection to virtual IP and Primary Node when setting up High Availability

SeanYoung02972
Level 1
Level 1

Good Afternoon Brains Trust.

I have just completed a fresh install of Cisco Prime 3.9 on both my Primary and Secondary PI servers.

I've set up HA in the past on 3.7 with no issues, however when I followed the same procedure on 3.9 I have found that I have lost access to the Primary Server GUI, and the Virtual IP Address does not ping across the network either. Remote Management on the Secondary Server through the PI-Health Monitor GUI is still good.

All IP addresses are on the same Subnet and can be reached between each other (Primary can ping Secondary and vice versa). 

ncs status on both primary and secondary show that everything is running smoothly.

How long should I expect to wait for the data to sync from a fresh install? and  Is it normal during the HA Processes to completely lose GUI access to PI Primary? I don't remember this happening on past versions.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

SeanYoung02972
Level 1
Level 1

OK so I found my issue

When saving the HA configuration, the Routing Table on the Primary Node was updated with a static route with all traffic pointing to 0.0.0.0

Not sure why this static route was created, however once I removed it everything started operating as it should. 

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

SeanYoung02972
Level 1
Level 1

OK so I found my issue

When saving the HA configuration, the Routing Table on the Primary Node was updated with a static route with all traffic pointing to 0.0.0.0

Not sure why this static route was created, however once I removed it everything started operating as it should. 

Feichti
Level 1
Level 1

Your right. Thats an Bug. I have got the same Problem.

HA without VIP IP worked for me.

Here the BUG ID:

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvx14999

Should be fixed in 3.9.1

Heiko
Level 1
Level 1

Is the virtual IP reachable after you deleted the 0.0.0.0 route?

Hi Heiko

Yes the virtual IP was reachable after removing the 0.0.0.0 static route that was created.

The Update PI 3.9 Update 01 is released, and the bug is fixed.

I installed it yesterday on my 2 PI physical Server, and was able to form HA with the VIP-IP Address

Thanks for letting me know. I will look into it!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: