Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime CLI Template Variables (DB)

Andreas Sartori
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

form my understanding (and reviewing BRKCDN-5044 from Orlando)  there are is a fixed list of variables which can be used in templates. I Think the same (or quite similar) variables/values are written into the database on device inventory. For implementing a workflow for our helpdesk/support team i would need the interface description in the database. for better understanding why i need this (and maybe there is a workaround for this). Our support team currently useses Cisco CNA.

current workflow:

1) Support team gets a request to put user A into new vlan

2) Support team knows on which floor the user is, connects to the device, search through the descriptions and changes the vlan

done

new workflow with prime ( i dont want them to use cna with lvl 15 priv anymore)

1) Support team gets a request to put user A into new vlan

2) Support Team logs into prime

3) They go to cli templates

4) They choose the switch and the proper interface (search by description) form the form field

5) choose vlan

6) deploy

is there another workflow which can be used for our support team to change vlans on an access switch (and find the proper interface...)

thanks for any response

regards

-andreas

2 Replies 2

Nicholas Poole
Level 1
Level 1

Did you get anywhere with this?  I want to do something similar, configure just some port, not all ports.  Prime seems to work by deploying templates to device groups, but I want it to deploy by device and port groups.  Sadly it seems port groups are just monitoring filters only.

There only appears to be 17 DB variables in Prime at the moment and none of them are interface description.

I don't know if you can edit the CLITemplateDbVariablesQuery.properties file to add some more.

I don't understand why the port of port groups isn't available to configuration deployment.

dkhkirkland
Level 4
Level 4

What about adding an integer into form view to change the description?

You could go into cli and do

interface <db variable>

description $interfacedescription

exit

Then go into the form view and add a row in that is named interfacedescription and gives the option to input whatever the description of the interface needs to change to?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card