cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime Compliance Policies

Andrew Clark
Level 1
Level 1

Hello - I'm making a compliance policy in PI for QoS checking. I would like to create a policy that would look to make sure that QoS is applied appropriately to all of the switch interfaces. Is there a way that PI can do this within the Compliance Policies configuration?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Andrew,

The attached XML file contains the definition for a Compliance Policy that will review the desired commands on ports that are configured as Access, Trunk or Port-channel.

Extract it and import it under Configuration > Compliance > Policies.

Next, create the Profile under Config > Compliance > Profiles and add the Policy to it. From there you can run it on the desired devices.

Please rate the thread if this helps.

Luis

View solution in original post

Andrew,

You should be able to edit the rule and add a new condition. Make the condition scope "Device Properties", device property "OS Version". Condition match criteria is "Evaluate expression" with value <_IOS_Version> >= <15.0>.

Luis - feel free to set me straight if I'm not quite correct - I'm learning this bit. :)

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

luijimen
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Andrew,

PI should be able to check the desired interfaces for the commands you need. However, a few details need to be known.

For example, do you mean all interfaces including physical and logical? SVIs, Port-Channels, etc?

Are the same QoS commands consistently configured in all of them or is there something that changes, like a policy-name or similar?

The reason for these questions is because we can configure the policy to look for a static command, or use regex to match certain expressions.

Thanks,

Luis

Here is the standard's conguration that they want me to check against.

Trunk >

auto qos voip trust

mls qos trust dscp

priority-queue out

Port-Channel>

srr-queue bandwidth share 1 30 35 5

priority-queue out

mls qos trust dscp

Access>

auto qos voip cisco-softphone

mls qos trust dscp

priority-queue out

Andrew,

The attached XML file contains the definition for a Compliance Policy that will review the desired commands on ports that are configured as Access, Trunk or Port-channel.

Extract it and import it under Configuration > Compliance > Policies.

Next, create the Profile under Config > Compliance > Profiles and add the Policy to it. From there you can run it on the desired devices.

Please rate the thread if this helps.

Luis

This is perfect. Thank you.

Just out of curiosity is there a way to ensure that this runs only on IOS version 15+? Is that done in the report setup when you select the devices, or can you make that in the policy itself?

The reason I'm asking is that the syntax changes a bit between IOS.

Andrew,

You should be able to edit the rule and add a new condition. Make the condition scope "Device Properties", device property "OS Version". Condition match criteria is "Evaluate expression" with value <_IOS_Version> >= <15.0>.

Luis - feel free to set me straight if I'm not quite correct - I'm learning this bit. :)

that's it, perfect!

I've been doing a fair bit with compliance with interactive rules and multiline working OK, but I need a rule that applies two different lines based on IOS version. I have 12.x and 15.x so wanted to do "if 15.x run a, otherwise it's 12 so check command present and run y" ... Possible?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: