Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime DCNM 6.1(2) - Login to webinterface fails

Hi, we are having trouble logging into the webinterface of our DCNM installation.

(Cisco Prime DCNM 6.1(2), Windows 2008 R2 SP1 64  bit version, US)

Everything seems to be working fine so far, except the login to the webinterface.

When  calling https://<SERVER_IP> (we're using 443 and 8443 in our  setup), the login page appears. Entering the credentials results in the  message "Authentication Failed. Please try again.". We tried that from a  remote machine and the server itself and are using local authentication (not RADIUS or LDAP, ...).

On  the other hand, when running the DCNM LAN Client (using the same  credentials not working for the webinterface), there is a link (see  image below: "here") pointing to the webinterface.

dcnm-lan.png

The link obviously contains a token.

https://172.18.2.100/goHome.do?frag=view=8;subMenu=16&token=0.1363277005188.s0hO74bsv%2XXXXXXXxxxx%2Bw%3D%3D.admin

Following this link, the DCNM Webinterface starts and one is already logged in.

The log below shows the failed attempts when we tried to login on the webinterface.

The last entry seems to be the result of following the link from the DCNM-LAN Client containing the token.

2013.03.14 16:34:23  INFO  [[localhost].[/]] action: UIIController request was not authenticated. Ending Struts processing.

2013.03.14 16:34:23  INFO  [[localhost].[/]] action: UIIAuthenticateImple returned response to the client.

2013.03.14 16:34:32  INFO  [[localhost].[/]] action: UIIController request was not authenticated. Ending Struts processing.

2013.03.14 16:34:32  INFO  [[localhost].[/]] action: UIIAuthenticateImple returned response to the client.

2013.03.14 16:36:29  INFO  [[localhost].[/]] action: UIIController request was not authenticated. Ending Struts processing.

2013.03.14 16:36:29  INFO  [[localhost].[/]] action: UIIAuthenticateImple returned response to the client.

2013.03.14 16:36:40  INFO  [[localhost].[/]] action: UIIController request was not authenticated. Ending Struts processing.

2013.03.14 16:36:40  INFO  [[localhost].[/]] action: UIIAuthenticateImple returned response to the client.

2013.03.14 16:36:54  INFO  [[localhost].[/]] action: UIIController request was not authenticated. Ending Struts processing.

2013.03.14 16:36:54  INFO  [[localhost].[/]] action: UIIAuthenticateImple returned response to the client.

2013.03.14 16:41:05  INFO  [[localhost].[/]] action: UIIController request was not authenticated. Ending Struts processing.

2013.03.14 16:41:05  INFO  [[localhost].[/]] action: UIIAuthenticateImple returned response to the client.

2013.03.14 17:02:05  INFO  [[localhost].[/]] action: UIIController request was not authenticated. Ending Struts processing.

2013.03.14 17:02:05  INFO  [[localhost].[/]] action: UIIAuthenticateImple returned response to the client.

2013.03.14 17:04:24  INFO  [FM.web] com.cisco.dcbu.web.client.security.Authenticator isAuthenticated() User admin logged in

Has anyone an idea what causes this problem and how to solve it?

Regards, Thomas

7 Replies 7

dnaidu
Level 1
Level 1

I too have the same issue. I am trying this new version of DCNM.

1) The Web Client cry's for some java error, unable to load.

2) The web client doesnt work either, tried all the password even admin/password as per the manual, doesnt work.

3) Once I login to Fabric Manager GUI, I dont see any options for LocalFM user anymore(like in 5.x Fabric Manager). How do I add more users ?

Jeff Woodard
Level 1
Level 1

I'm experiencing a similar problem with DCNM-SAN 6.1.2 on Windows Server 2003 R2.  Attempted logins to the web client from any browser with a valid RADIUS account leaves me with a blank browser screen and no error message.  A close review of the fmserver.log indicates the following error:

UIIController request was not authenticated.  Ending Struts processsing.

UIIAuthenticateImple did not return any response

andrew.schaefer
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same issue on a new install. I just deployed DCNM 7.0.2 from the OVA file downloaded directly from Cisco. I can ssh into the box using the root password set, but cannot log in to the web interface. I get the same Authentication Failed. Please try again.  message. I tried updating the password using appmgr add_user xmpp -u admin -p <password> but that didn't work either. I have just opened a TAC case to see what might be the issue.

Did you ever get a resolution for this? The exact same thing happened to me when I deployed the 7.1.2 OVA.  I can log in to the console, but I can't log in to the Web GUI at all.

The cause of this problem on the DCNM OVA is usually different from the cause on the RHEL or Windows installs.

During the OVA installation, you are prompted to enter a password for the admin/root account and it is easy to miss the password requirement in the install guide.

The password must be at least eight characters long and must contain at least one alphabetic and one numeric character. It can contain the only the following special characters:.(dot), + (plus), _ (underscore), and - (hyphen).

If you do not comply with these password requirements, you can continue with the OVA deployment; however, you subsequently may not be able to log in to other applications like DCNM.

Unfortunately, vCenter will still allow you to enter an invalid password and not throw out a warning message.  As the note above says, "you subsequently may not be able to log in to other applications like DCNM."

There are two options to fix the bad password.  The first option is

1.  SSH to the DCNM server

2.  cd to /usr/local/cisco/dcm/fm/bin

3.  "./addUser.sh  --help" to see the syntax of the command. 

The syntax for the addUser.sh script is "./addUser.sh <username> <password> <dbpassword>".  The addUser script can be used to add new user accounts or to change the password of existing user accounts.

4.  To change the admin password, the command would look something like this,

"./addUser.sh admin <new password> <dbpassword>"

If you have forgetten the database password, then you can find it in the file, /usr/local/cisco/dcm/jboss-as.7.2.0-Final/standalone/conf/postgres.cfg.xml.  Use the command "cat /usr/local/cisco/dcm/jboss-as.7.2.0-Final/standalone/conf/postgres.cfg.xml" to print the contents of the file to the screen.

The second option is redeploy the OVA and verify that the password requirements are met. 

-Eric

This didn't actually work to reset the admin password, I had to add a new user.  When I finally could log in I didn't even see the admin user listed. The basic cause, though, was that I missed the rather specific complexity requirements and tried to use a complex, though non-compliant, password.

I had the same problem, did not choose the right password during installation... (RTFM)

Tried to follow this guide - but it did not work, fastest thing was just to start all over - with no wrong letters in the password :-)

Then it worked just fine.