Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime for Wifi Location

trashh430
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm working with a Cisco Prime Infrastructure and I want to do Wifi Location with it.

What I need is RSSI from all devices from all Access Points with MAC address of APs and devices. I don't need to have x, y coordinates calculated by Cisco, only RSSI and MAC Address of APs and devices.

I know that this is possible with Cisco Meraki which is sending a payload with what I need thanks to the API Location.

I don't need all features of Cisco Meraki API Location, I only want raw RSSI from all APs, do you know how can I get this data from Cisco Prime ?

I did not find it in the Cisco Prime API Documentation but I know that technically Cisco Prime can know all RSSI form all APs and all devices.

Thank you a lot for your help,

Arthur

5 Replies 5

Hi

For client location you need another tool besides Prime. Clients location is done with MSE or DNAC Space.

AP location does not existe. What you can do is load you site map, and then put the AP on its location manually.

Once you get all Access Point in place, you can see the RSSI from all of them. 

Another way to see AP RSSI is through Reports.

Hi !

Thanks for your answer but which kind of reports can I use to export all RSSI from all clients connected to the Wifi from all APs ?

For every client I need RSSI from every APs, not only from the APs attached to the client

Thanks !

Take a look in Client Sessions:

/ Report Launch Pad / Client / Client Sessions / Client Sessions Report Details

Thanks a lot Flavio, I was able to add RSSI as a custom field so it works !

Do you know how can I get this data through an API ? I need to use this data with my NodeJS microservice.

Thanks again for your help

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card