Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime Infrastructure 1.2 on Windows Server/Hyper-V

azhar.corvit
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

In Entriprise environment while designing a BYOD solution we need to integrate ISE3315 with CPI 1.2. I know that Cisco ISE software either runs on 3315 platform or other option is virtual appliance (which is VMware based). Now problem is that we have Hyper-V environment as standard so I need to go with ISE-3315. Here my concern is to I install CPI 1.2 on Hyper-V, or on a Windows Server (2008 or 2012) based machine. Is that doable?

Any help, suggessions would be warmly welcomed.

Thanks,

Azhar...

4 Replies 4

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

PI 1.2 needs to run on either a Cisco physical appliance or VMware ESX/ESXi 4.1 or 5.0. It's RHEL-based under the covers.

Unlike LMS, you can't install it on a windows server, either physical or virtualized, much less in a Hyper-V environment.

Reference:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/wireless/prime_infrastructure/1.2/configuration/guide/wst.html#wp1459020

Thanks Marvin for the info,

Anybody knows if Cisco confirmed LMS Prime support for Hyper-V platforms?

Cisco Prime LMS will slowly be phased out in favor of Cisco Prime Infrastructure and hence there are no new mainline releases are planned to provide support to new Hardware or virtualization support.

However, Prime LMS do support Hyper V Virtualization (As an installable in Windows 2008). Please note that Virtualization technologies like, VMWare and Hyper V virtualization systems are not supported in LMS 5000, and LMS 10000 Devices license, in Windows. VMWare Systems are supported in LMS 5000, and LMS 10000 Devices license in Soft Appliance. Virtualization technologies like, VMWare and Hyper V virtualization systems are not supported in LMS 5000, and LMS 10000 Devices license, in Windows. VMWare Systems are supported in LMS 5000, and LMS 10000 Devices license in Soft Appliance.

For more details on HW and SW requirements for Cisco Prime LMS, please check document here.

-Thanks

Vinod

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

Yes - see the LMS Installation Guide section on OS Requirements Table 2-1.

Note the caveat that this is only for installations smaller than 5000 devices.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: