Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime Infrastructure 1.3 Web Log In Error

zoopcrewkid
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I recently installed Cisco Prime Infrastructure 1.3 per the set up guide. I am able to log into the VM back end but when I try to log into the web interface with the admin account I get the following error message "Invalid Username or Password. Please try again". I verified that the username and password are correct but I still can not get in.

4 Replies 4

Richard Atkin
Level 4
Level 4

Clearly something has gone wrong somewhere then! Your best bet is to log in to the CLI and reset the GUI Admin account through that..

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Pls try to login through username root and your defined password . dont use login as admin ,

CLI default username is admin and for HTTPS it is root 

Thanks

Michel Hegeraat
Level 7
Level 7

I think there is some bug (or feature) that makes that the accounts defined during setup are not valid in the web gui.

Since the users I created using CLI, work when I SSH into the PI 1.3, I know they are correct.

Clearly the web part uses a different way to authenticate users. I'm told all this worked just fine in PI 1.2, so not sure what cisco is up to.

To resolve this use the root account to login in the web interface.

It has the same pw as the admin user.

There you can create an admin account (and or others)

Cheers,

Michel

That is correct the steps are in the following guide under "Recovering the NCS Password"

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/ncs/1.0/configuration/guide/tasks.html#wp1184161

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card