Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime Infrastructure 2.0 deploying templates

mgapinski1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everybody,

I wanted to deploy a configuration template in "Prime Infrastructure 2.0". I tried it with the out of the box "Banner Configuration-IOS" template. I deployed it to one device which is a Cisco Catalyst 2960-24PC-L Switch. I chose "Add" in the "Login Action" dropdown menu and typed in "Test" in the "Login Message" field. Everything else was set to default. After applying the changes I clicked the "Ok" button. After that PI is trying to deploy the configured template to that device. A few seconds later the "Last Run Status" column in the "Jobs Dashboard" said "Failure". The "Job Summary" said:

"Error in running XDE Procedure, Error Message::No attribute "CLI_ENABLE_PASSWORD" for device "2344372""

I tried to figure it out and searched the internet but i couldn't find any solution.

Thanks in advance for your efforts!

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Have you confirmed the enable password is correct in the device credentials? (Device Center, select and edit device)

View solution in original post

a way to update credentials on multiple devices at the same time is to export them in using a .csv file:::

I agree that on the face of it you should not need an enable password. I can only imagine it's built into the error checking mechanism used by the CLI configuration template.

Rob's suggestion of exporting the devices should work - export in a csv, add enable passwords to the csv en masse and then import it.

8 Replies 8

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Have you confirmed the enable password is correct in the device credentials? (Device Center, select and edit device)

Hi Marvin.

Thanks for the quick response!

Yes I have checked the device credentials. Usually the "Enable Password" and the "Confirm Enable Password" fields are empty because I don't use enable password. Instead I am using a RADIUS authentication with privilege 15 users. But I tried it with an enable password and it worked. Now I would have to update every device with the enable password. Is there a way to update the enable password on all devices at the same time? Why do I need the enable password at all? Even though its not configured on the device itself.

Thanks for your help!

a way to update credentials on multiple devices at the same time is to export them in using a .csv file:::

I agree that on the face of it you should not need an enable password. I can only imagine it's built into the error checking mechanism used by the CLI configuration template.

Rob's suggestion of exporting the devices should work - export in a csv, add enable passwords to the csv en masse and then import it.

Hi Rob and Marvin!

Thanks for the help. I updated the credentials by filling in the enable password in the discovery settings and running the discovery for my sites again. I'm sure the .csv way would work just fine. Now I'm able to deploy my templates successfully.

Thanks for your efforts!

Hi, mgapinski1

I am facing the same issue and I have enable password in my Device Center set but how did you change this in the discovery settings? I am not sure how to do this.

I'm not positive about 2.1, but in PI 2.2 we now have the option to use credential profiles (which include the desired enable password). Reference.

Could you check out my thread? I am having similar issues and running on 2.0. You seem to know your stuff about Cisco products :)

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12521731/cisco-prime-infrastructure-api

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: