cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime Infrastructure 2.0 release date

morganchou
Level 1
Level 1

What is the release date for Cisco Prime Infrastructure ?  What are the improvement from 1.2 to 2.0 ?

thanks

Morgan                  

12 Replies 12

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It's currently due out 31 August 2013.

I haven't seen the final release notes but it will incorporate a lot of the features currently in LMS 4.2 for wired infrastructure management that are currently missing in PI 1.x.

I have heard it will not include Topology or template compliance reports and jobs at 2.0 - those features did not make the development cutoff date for 2.0 but they are projected for 2.1.

Hi All,

It seem cisco delay the release again. We are from gold partner, and actually very disappointed with Cisco PI BU team.

We have done some POC for NMS on our customers, but most of them failed due to lack of features fulfilled with PI.

We are considering partnership with CA, Solarwind or Opnet which have better performances

Thanks

imad

I found the following comment on the Cisco Prime-Facebook page:

Regards

Sebastian

The Cisco Prime business unit folks tell me that PI 2.0 should be posted to cisco.com in the next day or two.

PI 2.0 docs are posted as of this evening:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/ps12239/tsd_products_support_series_home.html

Software coming shortly.

Thanks for the heads up, Marvin.

I'm downloading it now. 

Thanks for the heads up to you Leo. Indeed the software is available on the download portal page for eligible customers. (Click image below to expand.)

The evaluation software portal hasn't been updated just yet but that's coming soon also.

Marvin,

I'm downloading at a "blazing" speed of  253 KBps.  Darn Akamai. 

Mat Barry
Level 1
Level 1

I downloaded it myself, and I can't get it to install.   Considering the box errors out when I try to do a direct update, now it's asking for a UDF file when I try to update by uploading a file.   Excellent.

Anyone else have issues?

I'm having an issue too when trying to do an inline upgradeit saves the ADE-OS, then I'm getting:

Initiating application upggrade ...

Stage 1 of 7: transferring file...

% local file not found

I'll take that back, after trying multiple times it's working now.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card