Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime Infrastructure 2.2 configuration export

tgnngt123
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a question about Cisco Prime Infrastructure 2.2.

Is it possible to export all the configurations every day automatically in .cfg format to an external

server (preferably SCP or SFTP). Or any other way to export all the saved configurations from

the database automatically in .cfg format

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

No, that's not currently possible. Cisco does not currently provide the ability to export the configurations when initiated from PI.

I would thing the REST API would be a good way to pull these externally but in looking at the documentation for that, it doesn't appear to currently support querying for a configuration.

The best you can do currently would be to backup PI itself externally and you would have the configurations (along with a lot of other things) embedded in that backup.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

No, that's not currently possible. Cisco does not currently provide the ability to export the configurations when initiated from PI.

I would thing the REST API would be a good way to pull these externally but in looking at the documentation for that, it doesn't appear to currently support querying for a configuration.

The best you can do currently would be to backup PI itself externally and you would have the configurations (along with a lot of other things) embedded in that backup.

Hi Marvin,

Thanks for the answer.

You're welcome. 

Please note the following update:

You can export the configurations from the database via a manual process - you could probably script it and kick it off via cron if you are handy with that sort of thing.

The export process is explained in a post by Vinod Arya in the Prime Infrastructure Ask the Expert thread.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card