Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime Infrastructure license status not tally

izi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

After checking Cisco Prime Infrastructure (virtual) via GUI on Administration > Licenses and Software Updates > Licenses, the Prime Infrastructure License show that the cisco prime is licensed (refer first image). However, when clicking on "About Prime Infrastructure" on side menu, it shows that "Data Center: Prime Data Center Unlicensed" and "Data Center Hypervisor: Prime Data Center Hypervisor Unlicensed" (refer second image) . My question is, which one do I refer, to verify whether the Cisco Prime is licensed or not ? 

Appreciate your kind response

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

as per the information you have only 2 License installed Lifecycle and assurance. if you have License have you order in order as mentioned in admin guide :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/prime/infrastructure/3-8/admin/bk_CiscoPrimeInfrastructure_3_8_AdminGuide/bk_CiscoPrimeInfrastructure_3_8_AdminGuide_chapter_01.html#con_1059012

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

as per the information you have only 2 License installed Lifecycle and assurance. if you have License have you order in order as mentioned in admin guide :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/prime/infrastructure/3-8/admin/bk_CiscoPrimeInfrastructure_3_8_AdminGuide/bk_CiscoPrimeInfrastructure_3_8_AdminGuide_chapter_01.html#con_1059012

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thank you for the immediate response !

I see, so basically this means that the data center license and hypervisor license is a separate/different license from the Lifecycle and assurance, right ? 

May I also ask what is the data center and hypervisor license used for ? I searched around but still did not quite understand the purpose of this 2 extra license.

Appreciate your kind response. Thank you.