Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime infrastructure Netflow

Ahmed-abbas
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I want to implement Flexible netflow in our network where all cisco devices will be exporter and Cisco Prime Infrastructure 3.3 as a collector.Assurance license is installed.

But as per the cisco document :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/prime/infrastructure/3-3/user/guide/bk_CiscoPrimeInfrastructure_3_3_0_UserGuide/bk_CiscoPrimeInfrastructure_3_3_0_UserGuide_chapter_01010.html

"If your Prime Infrastructure implementation includes Assurance licenses, you must enable data collection via NAMs and NetFlow configurations."

As per the above statement do i really need NAM to collect netflow information on Prime ? If no then how to configure PI as collector ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ahmed-abbas
Level 1
Level 1

SOLVED 

In the first, you need to configure the end device, but be careful, the port will be 9991
Then prime detected  auto that device running NetFlow and prime will working as collector for it
Then you will going to Dashboard / Overview / service assurance , "You will find every thing about the end device that running netflow".
Prime not support live Dashboard included conversation {source ip and Dest Ip , Source Port and Dst port } it not Like PRTG 
to get Conversation just you need to create Report (Conversation) .
Steps : 
Reports / Reports / Report Launch Pad/Conversation 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Hi

How interesting! In 2018 someone with the name Chhabi Thapa placed a question here using the exatcly sames words you did.

I am wondering, why did you copy and paste someone else post without changing a coma? And further more, the previous  post had a lot of information including the right answer?

But back to the question, the document refers to NAM and say that this is for additional dashlets and not a requirement. 

As I netflow collector, you dont need NAM. NAM make sense to monitor machines, if you want to monitor network device, you just need to enable netflow on them. 

I did this because I faced the same issue, so I did it. If you saw the comments in the last post that were solved by someone sharing a video and the video not working, Thanks for your support.

Ahmed-abbas
Level 1
Level 1

SOLVED 

In the first, you need to configure the end device, but be careful, the port will be 9991
Then prime detected  auto that device running NetFlow and prime will working as collector for it
Then you will going to Dashboard / Overview / service assurance , "You will find every thing about the end device that running netflow".
Prime not support live Dashboard included conversation {source ip and Dest Ip , Source Port and Dst port } it not Like PRTG 
to get Conversation just you need to create Report (Conversation) .
Steps : 
Reports / Reports / Report Launch Pad/Conversation