Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime Interface Unavailable Issue

Rigels_Sino
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I am working on a Cisco Prime 3.7.0 Deployment and i have got some issues regarding AVC Deployment using Easy Performance Monitor.

I have pushed the configuration for AVC Monitoring towards Branch Routers, yet i have run into an issue when trying to enable WAN Interfaces as part of AVC in order to see traffic and apps passing through,

These Interfaces show as INCAPABLE under Interfaces Configuration...Also trying to manual push the configuration via  Templates to these kind of interfaces I get a message saying that there is no Interfaces where to push the AVC.

Seems like Prime sees these L3 interfaces as L2.

Any suggestions please?

Thank You in advance,

Rigels Sino

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- One of the primary things (what's in a name....) to check first is the supported device list mentioned below , especially the second tab (Device Support Matrix) and verify that the intended routers are running a compatible software version for this version of Cisco Prime 

Cisco Prime Infrastructure 3.7 Supported Devices

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Hello marce,

Thanks for such a quick reply. I have already checked the supported devices matrix. 32 of the Branches are Cisco C111-4P Integrated Services Routers, I have already added them as these devices are supported and also I have tested Template Pushing which is functional beside AVC.

What makes it even more strange is that Prime shows only SVI-s, Loopbacks, One GigabitEthernet0/x/x which is in adm shut and Tunnel Interfaces as AVC Capable.

Thanks,

Rigels

- OK , also take into account the below listed caveats :

AVC Deployment Caveats

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '