cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime LMS 4.2 ExceededMaximumUptime

Rodrigo Bezerra
Level 1
Level 1

Please I need help. I'm monitoring some switch 3750x.  The  event ExceededMaximumUptime alarm  for uplink interface.

Could someone tell me what it really means this alarm?

In the cisco website (link below) tells me that is a backup interface. But backup interface for 3750?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/4.2/user/guide/lms_monitor/mnt-setup.html#wp1358336

Backup Interface Support

The Backup Interface Support threshold configures an interface as a backup. When an interface is identified as a backup:

The InterfaceOperationallyDown event is not generated if the interface is down.

The ExceededMaximumUptime event is generated if the interface stays up too long.

3 Replies 3

Vinod Arya
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Following is the description :

ExceededMaximumUptime

Description: A backup or dial-on-demand port or interface has been in the Up state for a long time.

Trigger: Exceeded Maximum uptime threshold.

Severity: Critical.

Device Type: All (except Network Management).

Event Code: 1002.

Component Codes:

Port: 1028.

Interface: 1027.

On any other Component: 1026.

You can unmanage the interface you have an issue with, or you can set the alarm threshold from value to 0 to stop receiving alerts.

The maximum length of time, in seconds, that the interface may be up before the ExceededMaximumUptime event is generated. If the value of this parameter is 0, the ExceededMaximumUptime event is disabled.

You can set threshold as following to 0 or increase it:

Minimum and Maximum Threshold Parameter Values and Related Events

Threshold Category

Applicable Threshold Parameters (with unit of measure)

Values

Events Generated after Value Passes Threshold

Min

Max

Backup Interface Support

Maximum uptime (seconds)

ExceededMaximumUptime

Dial-on-Demand

Maximum uptime (seconds)

ExceededMaximumUptime

For changing check Editing Thresholds.

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

That would be a problem ExceededMaximumUptime me know what detail problem? Sorry but i still not able to understand? Because category backup interface support?

Sorry did not understand

thanks for help

Dial on demand interfaces are used with Dial on Demand Routing (DDR) is a routing technique where a network connection to a remote site is established only when needed.

These interfaces are not up regularly and when activated, LMS keeps a track and when counter reaches threshold limit as per LMS, it sends ExceededMaximumUptime alert for that interface.

So if the interface in question is a Dial-on-demand interface and is up. The maximum length of time, in seconds, that the interface may be up before the ExceededMaximumUptime event is generated.

If the value of this parameter is 0, the ExceededMaximumUptime event is disabled.

-Thanks

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card