Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime Recommended Software Images from Cisco.com and EOL report

rkelly100
Level 1
Level 1

Hi There

1) We are running Cisco Prime Infrastructure 3.1 Standard and would like to view recommended software images  from cisco.com

When selecting a device and clicking > Distribute New Version, the option "Recommend Image from Cisco.com" is not available and only "Select Image from Local Repository" is displayed.

Is this an issue with the installation being Standard? or is there a fix I need to do in the settings?

2) Is there any functionality within Cisco Prime to run a report on network devices that would highlight devices that are coming towards End-of-life or End-of-Sales? or would this be another product?

Thank in advance

Rick

4 Replies 4

Kevin Homistek
Level 1
Level 1

I too saw this behavior when I was running 3.1.4 - but when I installed 3.1.5 the option to recommend from Cisco.com is back and appears to be working. As far as the psirt/eox reports, I haven't tried them yet but I believe that is what the compliance features are supposed to provide. Make sure compliance is enabled in Administration>server settings.

Hope this helps.

Kevin

Cheers for the information Kevin! Can you tell me if you are using 3.1.4 Standard install (as opposed to professional) and if so is the baseline compliance options available?

Hello, no problem! I'm actually on 3.1.5 on Standard install/build. I did have to go in and enable compliance service in Adminstration>System Settings>Server - the option to enable compliance I believe started in patch 3.1.4 if you had the standard build but it was always available in pro builds.

As far as the baseline compliance options, I haven't yet messed with any of them, but these are the options that I have:

1) Configuration>Compliance - Profiles, Violation Summary, and Policies

2) Reports>PSIRT and EOX

Kevin

Excellent Thanks Again Kevin !

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: