Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Works directory structure

Thomas McLean
Level 1
Level 1

All,

We installed CW on our server and it was working for a short while but I believe we installed it wrongly. It's been setup on a win 2003 server with a 36GB disk for C drive and a 146GB disk for the E drive, but we've had numerous problems doing this. Our LAN is quite small with about 250 switches, 150 Cisco 877's and a few other cisco devices but our NMS is broken...possibly due to the disk sizing.

We are going to be installing Windows Server 2008 on the server but I'm a bit unsure what directory structure to use, we were running an older version of LMS and when we upgraded to 3.2 we started getting problems.

I've searched cisco.com for documentation to advise what is the best way in respect to drive sizes and directory structures but have had no joy.

If anyone could help it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Thomas.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi ,

You can Installed Ciscoworks on Any Drive where you have Maximum Space available.

Below is the Prerequists for LMS 3.2 Installation :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/3.2/install/guide1/prereq.html

I think you have Enough space available so Disk space should not be a problem!!!

Below are the thing that you need to take care of during the Installation.

1.       1.You should be logged in as a LOCAL ADMINISTRATOR account.

2.       2. Only the Essential windows program and services should be checked on the Server for DEP. See the attached Image:

3.       3. Have the TEMP and TMP variables set with a short length. It is required because the normal default variables sometimes exceeds 32bit character length and have the installed hampered which uses command prompt at the background to invoke various tasks (they should be made sort such as C:\WINDOWS\TEMP and C:\WINDOWS\TMP):

4.       4. Please have almost all the 3rd party software’s services disabled till the time updates/install is in progress, specially Avti-Virus programs.

I hope this wil help !!!

Thanks--

Afroj

If this post answers your question, please click the "Correct Answer" button"

I

I

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi ,

You can Installed Ciscoworks on Any Drive where you have Maximum Space available.

Below is the Prerequists for LMS 3.2 Installation :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/3.2/install/guide1/prereq.html

I think you have Enough space available so Disk space should not be a problem!!!

Below are the thing that you need to take care of during the Installation.

1.       1.You should be logged in as a LOCAL ADMINISTRATOR account.

2.       2. Only the Essential windows program and services should be checked on the Server for DEP. See the attached Image:

3.       3. Have the TEMP and TMP variables set with a short length. It is required because the normal default variables sometimes exceeds 32bit character length and have the installed hampered which uses command prompt at the background to invoke various tasks (they should be made sort such as C:\WINDOWS\TEMP and C:\WINDOWS\TMP):

4.       4. Please have almost all the 3rd party software’s services disabled till the time updates/install is in progress, specially Avti-Virus programs.

I hope this wil help !!!

Thanks--

Afroj

If this post answers your question, please click the "Correct Answer" button"

I

I

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Thanks for the answer, that was the clarification that I was needing. I believe it was the logging that was filling up the drive, we may specify logging to go to the second disk and do it that way!

Thanks again for your answer, it's appreciated.

Thanks,

Thomas.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card