cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Works - No data collection after 1st.

steve switzer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Have a real problem getting our cisco works server to work.

We have got a new server - built from scratch and installed Cisco Works

on it.

We are on LMS 3.2 .

Having done all the device updates we have found that cisco works is not

working-

Go into Campus Manager  - Start Data Collection.

First one works then nothing happens for the others.

Permanent status of idle.

Anyone any ideas

Steve

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

bdarwish
Level 1
Level 1

Date Created: 04-JAN-2011 12:13 PM Created By: Darwish, Belal(BDARWISH,280160) first traces for CSCtd49439 appeared in the logs, after applying the patch, the traces for this bug disappeared but the problem persisted.

further debugging revealed that CSCtg20882 has kicked in to, after applying the patch for CSCtg20882 DC ran smoothly.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Joel Monge
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Make sure you are on Campus Manager 5.2.1.  Post your CSCOpx\log\ani.log.

Hi Joel;

Thanks for your reply.

Yes - we are on Campur manager 5.2.1

How do i get these logs.

Do you know where i can find the serial number of the cisco works

Steve

This log will be in your LMS installation path.  This is by default C:\Program Files\CSCOpx\log.  If you installed on a different path then search accordingly.  LMS has a PIN and PAK, if you need to get a license file, you will usually be asked for the PAK which is printed on the software claim certificate.  There is no way to get this electronically.

Hi

Sorry about the delay Joel.

However i have attached the ani log and woul be delighted if you could look at them.

I have had to concentrate on other issues but can now look again at this

Kind Regards

Steve

This is CSCtd49439.  You can open a TAC case to request the patch.  You can now open cases directly from here using the Action Panel to the right (for details see https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-13613).  The advantage is all the information we have discussed here will be attached to the case for your engineer to review.

Hi Joel

You were right - cisco did think it was that bug but they were wrong.

Applying the patch had no effect.

Have you any other ideas ?

Steve

Seems the patch you were given is bad.  I will check on this internally with your TAC engineer and get you a good patch.  If the problem is not fixed, first thing that would help identify what else might be wrong is a new ani.log after re-creating the error.  However, the patch will fix this problem and has been tested.  You will here from your engineer shortly.

Appreciate the help joel

Steve

bdarwish
Level 1
Level 1

Date Created: 04-JAN-2011 12:13 PM Created By: Darwish, Belal(BDARWISH,280160) first traces for CSCtd49439 appeared in the logs, after applying the patch, the traces for this bug disappeared but the problem persisted.

further debugging revealed that CSCtg20882 has kicked in to, after applying the patch for CSCtg20882 DC ran smoothly.

Hi

I am the user and this is now fixed

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: