Views
Helpful
Replies

Ciscoworks Device Discovery

cdelafuente31
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a problem with a CiscoWorks server. If I perform a "Device Discovery", the server discovers several devices but I can not see them in the inventory dashboard. However, when I restart all the CiscoWorks services, the Inventory dashboard shows all these new devices.

Anybody knows if this is a normal behaviour? I think that I'm doing something wrong.

Best regards,

César.

3 Replies 3

john_capobianco
Level 1
Level 1

During Discovery you should be able to watch it and see what is happening - Inventory - Discovery - Launch / Summary - Start Discovery - refresh - you should see Reachable devices / unreachable devices / devices updated to DCR. Even my unreachable devices are viewable inside my Inventory module. Hope this helps.

Hello John,

Thanks for the info.

I was able to see this report:

Device  Discovery Summary Refresh

Discovery Status:Completed
Discovery Start Time:Wed Jul 20 13:33:09 CEST 2011  
Discovery End Time:Wed Jul 20 13:33:25 CEST 2011 
Total Devices Discovered:3
Reachable Devices:3
Unreachable Devices:0
Devices Newly Added to DCR:1
Devices Updated to DCR:2

But I couldn't see the newly added devices in (for example) the "Inventory> Dashboards>Inventory>Hardware summary" and "Inventory> Dashboards>Inventory >Supported Device finders, "

Best regards,

Are you using LMS as standalone or AD intgrated. Because i had faced same kind of issue. Where due to AD policity casuser was blocked by local group policy and if you allow it,m you dont need to restart. I hope this sollution works. As i had same symptoms.