cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ciscoworks LMS 2.0 and New LMS 2.2 Update

rayray221
Level 1
Level 1

I have LMS 2.0 and recently bought a service contract allowing me to update to 2.2. Since lack of support for SP4 I have not run a Ciscoworks box for quite a while. I would like to now build a box from scratch and get it up to date. My question is how I go about doing this. Do I need to install 2.0 on a windows 2000 sp2 box, upgrade to 2.2 then do the service pack? If so, do I need the other patched that were released prior to 2.2, or can I go straight to 2.2? Is the recommended OS still windows 2000 server, or can I use windows 2003 server, or ever XP? Do I have to do an upgrade from 2.0 to 2.2 or is there a way to install 2.2 without the upgrade. I've tried searching for documents to answer these but have not found anything that answers my questions. Any help is appreciated.

5 Replies 5

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

You can directly install LMS 2.2 and then installl Update-1 patch from CCO which supports the Windows SP4 and plug-in 1.4.1_02

In additions to rmsuhtag's correct advice, I would:

First build Windows 2000. Run Windows Update iteratively to get the system fully patched.

Second, take the earlier advice from rmushtag.

Third, install the current Incremental Device Updates (IDUs) for your suite. (For LMS, that would be RME and CM IDU 9, and possibly DFM IDU 1.2.9).

Finally, update your CiscoView packages according to the devices under management in your network.

Now the server is built and fully up to date. On to configuring discovery, setting up options such as backup and synchronization, choosing authentication module, setting up users (if locally authenticating), device groups, etc. etc.

m-ko
Level 1
Level 1

So, rayray221, did you find the answer. Can you use the update CD to install Ciscoworks from scatch ? Also, can Ciscoworks install with Windows SP4 or it SP3 only ?

Thanks

Windows 2000 SP4 (and Windows 2003) will be supported in LMS 2.5.

The maintenance kit I received (Ciscoworks Lan Management Solution - MAY03) includes all the CD's to re-install the latest version from scratch. DFM will prompt you to insert the original CD but you can install it from scratch. Also, SP4 is supported and I have been able to install CWLMS with SP4 installed first. In fact, all Windows updates should work fine (no one has told me otherwise). I am not complete with the install so I can't tell you for sure that everything is working the way it should, but I think is method is OK.

Thanks

Ray