Views
Helpful
Replies

CiscoWorks LMS 3.2 unable to update device packages

j.jeater
Level 1
Level 1

Chaps,

This is a new install of LMS 3.2 with the Campus Manager patched to 5.2.1.

I'm unable to install any new device updates, if I use the GUI and Check for Updates then it says that none are available.  The Device Count Type for Campus Manager is 0 although and my 3750X stacks are not supported.

Any ideas?

Jim

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Your CiscoView DeviceMap file is corrupt.  Recovery may not be straight-forward.  If you click on the "Open Service Request" link in the Actions panel of this thread, TAC can provide you the steps to recover this file.  That should allow you to update the CV device packages.  If you are still having a problem with getting the updates, then they can also provide you an up-to-date package repository.

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The device count for Campus should be 0.  Campus doesn't use modular device updates like other applications.  All 3750 stacks should be supported in Campus Manager.  Why do you say it's not supported?  What is the sysObjectID of this stack?

Hello,

Just based on the device count and also in CiscoView it says 'unknown device' although the count is 484 devices.

In Device Centre it shows up as 'Cisco 3750 Stack', here's the OID:

RFC1213-MIB::sysObjectID.0 = OID: CISCO-PRODUCTS-MIB::catalyst37xxStack
EXPRESSION-MIB::sysUpTimeInstance = Timeticks: (60788448) 7 days, 0:51:24.48
RFC1213-MIB::sysContact.0 = ""

Jim

CiscoView is a bit of a different beast since it really requires intimate knowledge of the hardware.  What version of the Cat3750 CiscoView package do you have installed?

ciscoview version is 6.1.9

3750 package is 8.0

actually i see in a different post that there's a 9.0 for 3750s but it's not available in the gui and i can't see it on cco.  any ideas?

jim

There's actually a 10.0.  Go to Common Services > Software Center > Device Update, and check the box next to CiscoView.  Download and install all available updates and you should be set.

Morning Joseph, well it's morning here anyway, a very cold morning with the promise of snow.

Anyway, no joy, it says I'm on 8.0 and there are no updates.  :-(

Is there a way to manually do this or can I fix the auto updater?  Is it a problem with my CCO account?

Thanks,

Jim

Actually if I click on the Device Type Count number then I it pops up a new window with an HTTP 500 error so I guess there's a problem with the server.

Post the details of the 500 Server Error as well as the NMSROOT/lib/classpath/com/cisco/nm/xms/psu/conf/tag.properties and the cvw map files under NMSROOT/www/classpath/com/cisco/nm/xms/psu/maps.

Hi there, I've attached the files, I'll put the rest in the next post.

I'm seeing the error on RME as well as CiscoView but all the others look fine.

Thanks,

Jim

The rest of the files...

Your CiscoView DeviceMap file is corrupt.  Recovery may not be straight-forward.  If you click on the "Open Service Request" link in the Actions panel of this thread, TAC can provide you the steps to recover this file.  That should allow you to update the CV device packages.  If you are still having a problem with getting the updates, then they can also provide you an up-to-date package repository.

Thanks Joseph, will do.

Jim

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: