cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CLI HELP

Myleslandish
Level 1
Level 1

I can’t figure out how to confirm a command on the ASDM CLI. I’m baffled there isn’t anything online to say here’s how u say yes, execute, hit it, engage, etc. Not even the Cisco software help specifies how to say YES in the ASDM command line. Please someone help bc I’m going insane just trying to reset the wlan configuration on my asa5506w. Please

10 Replies 10

Myleslandish
Level 1
Level 1

Here is the exact command I’m trying to confirm but this issue comes up with any and all commands in the ASDM CLI. 

You could try to enter "yes" in the second line to see if that will confirm it. If not I would SSH to the FW directly to execute this.

Happy to help! Please mark as helpful/solution if applicable.
Get in touch: https://torbjorn.dev

All that and most of this is way over my head. I use short hand on what Ik like the CLI and ASDM but that’s as far as it goes here. Idk how to do any of that stuff. It just seems to be within reason that if the command line asks to confirm a command then there would be a response to give that’s not seen as an error. I mean why ask for confirmation if you can’t??? But I did try it and both with quotes and without. 

On some devices you can add noconfirm to the end of the command to get past that confirmation prompt. 

If you type in the command from the screenshot and then type it should give more info on the command and if the noconfirm option is available.

Hey, thanks for that and I’d already seen that online and tried it. It could be that the CLI from the ASDM is slightly different from jacking in and running a true command line on it. Idk but I’m gonna have to get a patch cable or whatever it’s called to use a true command line with putty or something. That’s also unfamiliar so if you or anyone has any advice on the best way to run a CLI on the ASA5506 please lmk and THANK YOU ALL for the help and advice. Even though I haven’t solved the issue; every little bit helps. 

Can ypu more elaborate 

Thanks 

MHM

Elaborate on what? The fact that there seems to be no simple yes or no or confirm or execute command/phrase to process commands entered on the ASDM CLI or elaborate more on how I dont get or understand a vast majority of the stuff related to these things

Sorry, I wasn’t intending to seem rude and if it did I do apologize. I just haven’t been able to make sense out of why a large number of commands don’t have a simple “yes” “no” “execute” “confirm” etc. And that’s really all there is to it. I’d also tried no confirm with no joy. So… Ty though. 

Myleslandish
Level 1
Level 1

I added an image of the command. On the asdm. It says do u want to confirm this command??? And i cant say yes or no or maybe or shift-x or alt s f delete. Nothing works and everything says it’s an error or an unrecognized command. Id just like to confirm the command ive entered. 

Myleslandish
Level 1
Level 1

I managed to screw up something with the wireless AP configuration and I can no longer get to the web GUI on 192.168.10.2 or connect to the Wi-Fi network. So I need to completely wipe the configuration and start from scratch. But I can’t.