cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CM0158 User "Username" does not have previleges to operate on device "Device Name"

Mehdi Talei
Level 1
Level 1

On an LMS3.2, I run a daily compliance management job. This morning one of devices was not attempted and here is the reason of exclusion:

CM0158 User "Username" does not have previleges to operate on device "Device Name"

The username is my username when I login CiscoWorks.

The same device was attempted last days successfully.

I tried to dig out the Internet regarding this error message, but no result came up!

Anybody has any idea what the reason can be?

By the way, there is a typo in the error message (the word "previleges")! Cisco developpers may need to pay more attention :-)

Thanks,

Mehdi

1 Reply 1

luijimen
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Mehdi,

The error message does look like some permission to access the device was revoked/missing. In LMS 3.2, this could be caused by a change of your user's permissions when integrated with ACS.

Is your LMS server integrated with ACS? If you go to Common Services > Home, do you see a non-zero value under "Devices not configured in ACS"?

I also could not find much on that error code, could you please paste a screenshot of the error for reference?

Is this behavior consistent on the same device or does it randomly show different devices with the same problem?

Are you able to run any other kind of job to the same device on other applications, DFM, Campus?

Thanks,

Luis.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card