Views
Helpful
Replies

CNR 6.2 Linux - IP Phone option

mguzman4158
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

Does anyone know if CNR v 6.2 (Linux) is capable of adding options for ip phones just like any other DHCP server? I've been trying to find good documentation on this but I have not been successful.  We have CNR deploy as DHCP and DNS and I can't find the where to add options for ip phones, vendor X.  I've done it on a Windows DHCP server but I am new to CNR.

Thank you in advance.

Cheers!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Nael Mohammad
Level 5
Level 5

You can create a custom option for you vendors IP Phone. Below is the link to the users guide for 7.0 but the steps are pretty much the same for 6.2.
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/network_registrar/7.0/user/guide/UG22_Pol.html#wp1069486
Here is an example of custom options for defining the TFTP server download the IP Phones configuration.

nrcmd> custom-option test150 create 150 IPADDR desc="custom option"

- nrcmd> policy setoption option-150 1.1.1.1,2.2.2.2 

To view:
- nrcmd> policy bogus getoption option-150

option-150 defines the tftp server ip address where 1.1.1.1 is the primary and 2.2.2.2 is the secondary server.

-nael

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Nael Mohammad
Level 5
Level 5

You can create a custom option for you vendors IP Phone. Below is the link to the users guide for 7.0 but the steps are pretty much the same for 6.2.
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/network_registrar/7.0/user/guide/UG22_Pol.html#wp1069486
Here is an example of custom options for defining the TFTP server download the IP Phones configuration.

nrcmd> custom-option test150 create 150 IPADDR desc="custom option"

- nrcmd> policy setoption option-150 1.1.1.1,2.2.2.2 

To view:
- nrcmd> policy bogus getoption option-150

option-150 defines the tftp server ip address where 1.1.1.1 is the primary and 2.2.2.2 is the secondary server.

-nael

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card