cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Config Archive Failure

davepeat2
Level 1
Level 1

I don't know why, but nearly ALL of my Config Archive VLAN is failing. I am receiving the following:

TELNET: Failed to establish TELNET connection to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx - Cause:  Connection refused. Command failed  VLAN Config fetch is not supported using RCP.   VLAN Config fetch is not supported using TFTP.

The above switch is using SSH - not Telnet, but it doesn't try???

The other error is:

Command failed  Could not detect SSH protocols running on the device     VLAN Config fetch is not supported using RCP.   VLAN Config fetch is not supported using TFTP.

On this one, it should be using Telnet as that is what is supported on this particular switch.

I have verified the credentials are set up correctly for both of these.

Also, this isn't isolated - it's happening on 293 devices. Only 2 are successful.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! I am running LMS 3.2

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

RME will first either telnet or SSH to the device then run the command, "copy flash:vlan.dat tftp:".  This means that TFTP must be allowed between the device and the RME server (i.e. udp/69 and all ephemeral UDP ports must be open).  The error says that this command (the copy command) is failing.

View solution in original post

Thanks for the update.  Sorry I missed your ealier post.  The CWCS services must be set to Automatic as they are not controlled by Daemon Manager.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

RME will first either telnet or SSH to the device then run the command, "copy flash:vlan.dat tftp:".  This means that TFTP must be allowed between the device and the RME server (i.e. udp/69 and all ephemeral UDP ports must be open).  The error says that this command (the copy command) is failing.

This image shows that I have Telnet, SSH, TFTP and HTTPS configured for Config Fetch. What am I missing?

Thanks Joseph!

Actually, it was allowed but the CSW tftp service was changed from automatic to manual. The service was NOT starting.

Thanks for the update.  Sorry I missed your ealier post.  The CWCS services must be set to Automatic as they are not controlled by Daemon Manager.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: