Replies

Configure PBR dual link on Nexus 7000

williammanurung
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I have topology like this:

Capture.PNG

i want configure pbr on nexus, the scenario is if source 10.10.10.0 to 192.168.32.0, the first next hop choose via RTR-1 (1.1.1.0/30), if link to RTR-1 down, the secondary next hop is via RTR-2.

how can i configure it on my nexus?

Please help me

1 Reply 1

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I think it would be helpful to think of this solution in several steps:

1) make sure that normal routing to reach 192.168.32.0 sends traffic using router 2 as the next hop.How to do this varies depending on whether you are using static routing or dynamic routing.

2) configure PBR so that traffic from 10.10.10.0 to 192.168.32.0 is forwarded with Router 1 as the next hop. Doing this would include configuring an access list to identify the traffic; configuring a route map that will use the access list to identify the traffic and will set the next hop as Router 1; applying the route map to the interface that receives the traffic from 10.10.10.0.

3) on the set statement in the route map include the parameter for verify-availability. This will use IP SLA to determine if Router 1 is available. If so PBR is used and if not then PBR is not used and the normal routing is used (which would be though Router 2).

HTH

Rick  

HTH

Rick

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card