cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configurent client for Hardware DMZ (on cisco RV340w)

Hi,

I have a hard time making sure a computer is not being affected by the cisco router firewall.

I would like to configure the Hardware DMZ on lan port 4. I did it, but I am unable to connect.

I think it's because I did not configure IPV4 on the computer (pluged in Lanport 4, DMZ).

The DMZ IP adress I choose is 192.168.10.2.

What should I enter as default gateway ?

Thanks.

5 Replies 5

I did, I need help, what's the gateway number ?

Gateweay for end host ( connect to swich port ?) should be  your normal Gateway what you configured.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

The link you provided do not mention gateway at all.

I am a noob doing this for volontary work for a non profit. I am sorry, but you are not giving me a clear answer.

Should I use DMZ host ? if it simpler.

Thanks.

Since i have provided the correct approach different people use different approaches, so we are not sure about your environment, that is the reason the document provided very clear step-by-step information.

If you do not have public IP address space, and want to use WAN IP address as DMZ then use your internal Host IP to DMZ to translate.

If you want to expose something to the Internet, but you have an all-in-one server, or you don’t have spare public IP addresses, you should use DMZ Host. Place the server in one of your VLANs and set it up as the DMZ Host. Then the external user can access the server by the router’s WAN IP.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help