Views
Helpful
Replies

Console access to Fortinet Devices via Terminal Router 2901 K9

SukeshP
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ALL,

I'm running into an issue where in I'm not able to connect to the console port of a FortiAuthenticator, FortiManager and FortiAnyalzer. The connection to these devices are via a 2900 Series router.

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- First , as a test  ,verify if a direct serial console-access works.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Hi Marce,

The problem is that the DC operator doesnt allow to connect a console via a laptop strange but true. Tried various combination of baud rate. But it doesnt allow to take a session. The interesting part is i tried to change the console baud rate on the Fortimanager and FortiAnalyzer to 115200 but again,it doesnt allow me. Not an authoratization issue. The baud rate set for these devices are 9600, ideally the defaults for FortiManager is 115200. The one thing i noticed on the Cisco device is that, i'm getting logs "Jul 16 07:01:32.557: %HWIC_SERIAL-3-LINEFLAP: Excessive modem signal transitions detected on line 9" We have 2 console terminals in each Data centre. Though the setup is identical. Primary of each device pair is placed in each of the data centre.

- I can imagine that this is not allowed in production. But a 'local test' temporarily would still be very useful

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: