cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Create Test with Internal Devices

nlystra
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to create a test between 2 internal servers at different sites across our IPSec tunnels (WAN). I am not seeing an option to do this, the drop down for agent wants me to to pick something external but I want to create end to end tests between internal devices/systems. Unless I am in the wrong place to create this.

Thank  you.

6 Replies 6

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
I am trying to create a test between 2 internal servers at different sites across our IPSec tunnels (WAN).

If you looking to test over IPSEC tunnel then they should be allowed list and accept the traffic, are they mesh tunnels ?

if you looking to test end to end - then if the traffic need to go via tunnel only.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hi Balaji,

I have 4 IPsec tunnels for redundancy across different ISP's. I was looking to create end-to-end checks.

I have 4 IPsec tunnels for redundancy across different ISP's. I was looking to create end-to-end checks.

again this insufficient to work ?

end to end test  :

1. you looking reachability ?

2. bandwidth ?

3. performance ?

you can do various methods.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Ping will do job 

But you need to select source it must be same as IPsec ACL

MHM

The OP does not provide much information about the environment and that makes it difficult to give good advice. As a starting point can you tell us what platform this is on? And providing the current configuration (with sensitive information masked) might help us understand better.

HTH

Rick

Hi MHM,

I see that I can select ICMP under Network in the create new test. Do I set it up so the agent on one side of the tunnel pings the other side of the tunnel or is there a way to have it ping just end to end from the tunnel itself?

Thanks

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card