Replies

DCR Server Error LMS 4.0

draqkhan313
Level 1
Level 1

lms.JPG

Hi,

Dear Expert.

first of all i apologies that my English is not good.

i am using Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition SP1 and using CiscoWorks

LAN Management Solution
Version 4.0
when i click on discovery button in inventory menu. then i face this problem. kindly help me how can i discover my network devices.? i am using Routers, Switches, CMTS, Peplinks and Servers.
Error
Error in communicating with DCR Server. DCR Server may be down. Please start  the DCR Server and then start discovery.
6 Replies 6

Nael Mohammad
Level 5
Level 5

Please post the following info:

1. pdshow output from "CSCOpx/bin/pdshow".

2. From the CSCOpx/log directory get the dcr.log, DCRServer.log.

3. From the CSCOpx/MDC/tomcat/logs directory, get the stdout.log and stderr.log.

4. From the command line if Windows, get the "SYSTEMINFO" and "TASKLIST" output.

5. From the services control panel, verify that CiscoWorks Daemon Manager, CWCS Syslog, CWCS RSH/Rlogin, and CWCS TFTP are set to automatic while all other CWCS and CiscoWorks services are set to manual.

6. And maybe rebooting the actual server might help.

your required files attached.

maximum attachment limit is only 5. so i post others in 2nd post.

other files attached.

pdshow file in txt format.

Can you try accessing the LMS application locally from the server using http://localhost:1741 and duplicate the problem?  The error in the logs implies the server is attempting to use a different address that is out of scope from the original DCR setup.

com.cisco.nm.dcr.DCRException: CSTM Error Code [-3] CSTM Comm Type [0] - URN_OUT_OF_SCOPE : "LocalDCR"

Do the following steps:

1. Stop the CiscoWorks Daemon manager from the cli using "net stop crmdmgtd".

2. Add the the CiscoWorks server to the host file mapping it to the ip address of the interface. Using notepad, open C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\etc\hosts file.  Add an entry "79.98.184.60 DELL6800" and save the file.

3. Goto CSCOpx/bin and run the "perl hostnamechange.pl" and reboot the server.

4. Start the services using "net start crmdmgtd" if it has not started on start up.

5. Access the LMS page from the server itself using "http://localhost:1741" and duplicate the problem with the "admin" user.

Let us know the results.

Thanks.

now its working from localhost. and i am able to discover. i will check from web and then inform u again.

lms.JPG

Hi,

Dear Expert.

first of all i apologies that my English is not good.

i am using Red Hat version 5. and using CiscoWorks 

LAN Management Solution
Version 4.2
when i click on discovery button in inventory menu. then i face this problem. kindly help me how can i discover my network devices.? i am using Routers, Switches, CMTS, Peplinks and Servers.
Error
Error in communicating with DCR Server. DCR Server may be down. Please start  the DCR Server and then start discovery.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: