Views
Helpful
Replies

Default shell root password Cisco prime Infrastructure 3.1

mailt16
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have installed Cisco Prime Infrastructure 3.1 on Vmware. During the installation, the system had asked me about Root Password. Then, I had SSH to the device, and use "shell" command to change to linux mode. From this point, I want to change user to Root by "Su" command, then Enter Root password which I had set before. But the system inform incorrect password. 

So please help me know about this root account, and default root password in linux mode in PIA 3.1.

Thank you very much.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Use sudo -s ; to change to root mode after shell command.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

View solution in original post

- There is no default root password ; as it must be specified during the basic installation procedure of prime; possibly if you lost it; logon as admin (via SSH) ;  Via shell issue 

sudo -s

You should then be in a root-based shell; possibly from there you could set a new root password  using the passwd command.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Use sudo -s ; to change to root mode after shell command.

M.

hi marce1000,

I had executed command as root privilege. But I want to know default root password (the password being used when you enter "su" command). 

Regards,

- There is no default root password ; as it must be specified during the basic installation procedure of prime; possibly if you lost it; logon as admin (via SSH) ;  Via shell issue 

sudo -s

You should then be in a root-based shell; possibly from there you could set a new root password  using the passwd command.

M.

Thank you very much. I have done!

Regard,