Views
Helpful
Replies

disabling Cisco Configuration Professional in favor of Autoinstall

smithmurphy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I'm preparing to deploy a bunch of 881 routers and have prepared a basic (and identical) configuration that I would like to push to all of them.

I've successfully done this using a DHCP server, option 150 and a tftp server. This means I can take a brand new router connect it to my provisioning LAN and it will retrieve the configuration auto-magicaly. This makes me quite happy.

Now the tricky thing is I got a new batch of routers, from a different distributor, and this time they were preloaded with Cisco's Configuration Professional. As such, my nifty autoinstall doesn't work anymore because the routers never go to Autoinstall mode as their behavior seems to automatically load "flash:cpconfig-8xx.cfg" if it cannot find a startup-config (and Autoinstall only kicks in if there is no valid startup-config).

I tried the reset button on the 881, but that also default to loading flash:cpconfig-8xx.cfg if no startup-config is present.

So my question is, does any of you know of a way I could autoconfigure this Cisco CP enabled batch of routers without having to manual connect to each one of them and paste some CLI config ?

Cheers,

Murphy

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I believe once it's been factory built with CCP Express installed, you'll need to go in and at least give it enough so as not to revert to the CCP setup mode.

For what it's worth, future such can be ordered with the option "ISR-CCP-EXP-NOCONF" option to avoid that in the factory build.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I believe once it's been factory built with CCP Express installed, you'll need to go in and at least give it enough so as not to revert to the CCP setup mode.

For what it's worth, future such can be ordered with the option "ISR-CCP-EXP-NOCONF" option to avoid that in the factory build.