Helpful
Replies

Discovery Settings of scheduled job doesn't change - LMS 4.0.1

iibesis
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I use CiscoWorks LMS 4.0.1.

I planned a discovery of devices for some time, but if I change the parameters of discovery (adding a seed device) in "Discovery Settings Summary", this change does not apply in the scheduled task.

If I change the settings in the scheduled task, the changes do not apply in "Discovery Settings Summary".

We must change the settings 2 times.

Is this normal ? Is there a procedure to solve this issue ?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Gaganjeet Chug
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Yes, its normal since the schedule discovery setting is different from Ad hoc discovery settings.

Explanation :- Ad hoc discovery gives you the option to check the discovery of the network devices on ad hoc basisi and if you like it, then you can get this settings implemented in the schedule discovery too by using the same settings in schedule discovery.

Similary you can check and run different schedule discovery, that means using different options you can run different schedule discovery and then finally select the one which suits as per your network requirements.

Hope it helps,

Many Thanks,

Gaganjeet

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Gaganjeet Chug
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Yes, its normal since the schedule discovery setting is different from Ad hoc discovery settings.

Explanation :- Ad hoc discovery gives you the option to check the discovery of the network devices on ad hoc basisi and if you like it, then you can get this settings implemented in the schedule discovery too by using the same settings in schedule discovery.

Similary you can check and run different schedule discovery, that means using different options you can run different schedule discovery and then finally select the one which suits as per your network requirements.

Hope it helps,

Many Thanks,

Gaganjeet