cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DNAC Serial number

OseiAsibey
Level 1
Level 1

Our DNAC box is miles away. I have been browsing the GUI->Inventory to find the serial number but no luck. Can anyone tell me how I can find the serial number of this DNAC box?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

This will give you the serial of the chassis if you drop it into the DNA CLI. It will require the maglev password. 

sudo cat /sys/devices/virtual/dmi/id/chassis_serial

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

justinbodie
Level 4
Level 4

I had the same issue.  You can pull the hardware information through SSH to Maglev by using the "sudo lshw" command.

ssh x.x.x.x -p 2222

$ sudo lshw

maglev-master-1
description: Rack Mount Chassis
product: DN1-HW-APL
vendor: Cisco Systems Inc
version: A0
serial: FCHxxxxxxxxx

Thanks - this is great.  To anybody that follows, do this instead - you'll save yourself a lot of scrolling!  (All the bits you need from the output are right at the start...)

sudo lshw | head

Cheers,

Richard

Thank you.

This made it for me.

Cheers

Atila

This will give you the serial of the chassis if you drop it into the DNA CLI. It will require the maglev password. 

sudo cat /sys/devices/virtual/dmi/id/chassis_serial

Hello guys. In our DNAC is one PSU broken.

We have to open an RMA case. How can i get this info under:

/sys/devices/virtual/dmi/id/

What file shows me, what is the serial of the broken psu?

thx a lot

Since, this was only provided a CLI option as an answer, for GUI go to the "help" on the upper right hand side of the GUI and click "about". You'll see the serial number there.

mcaraba
Level 1
Level 1

Ismael's post is the easiest way to get the SN. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: