I installed a couple of LMS 3.2 point patches on a solaris 9 box. Afterwards the LMS did not started any more. DCRServer hang in "Waiting to initialize" and Apache failed to run. Also a couple of other processes failed (attached pdshow).
Troublshooting this I found a line in dmgtd.log which says web_server misses libm.so.2;
I have installed cwcs33-sol-CSCtj01051.tar which updates Apache to 2.2.16 (and already had the patch for CSCtg46847 installed - which is a prerequisite).
As I could not find libm.so.2 in /usr/lib I did ldd on web_server, which gave me:
bash-2.05# ldd /opt/CSCOpx/MDC/Apache/bin/web_server
libm.so.2 => (file not found)
libaprutil-1.so.0 => (file not found)
libexpat.so.0 => (file not found)
libiconv.so.2 => (file not found)
libapr-1.so.0 => (file not found)
libuuid.so.1 => /usr/lib/libuuid.so.1
libsendfile.so.1 => /usr/lib/libsendfile.so.1
librt.so.1 => /usr/lib/librt.so.1
libsocket.so.1 => /usr/lib/libsocket.so.1
libnsl.so.1 => /usr/lib/libnsl.so.1
libpthread.so.1 => /usr/lib/libpthread.so.1
libc.so.1 => /usr/lib/libc.so.1
libdl.so.1 => /usr/lib/libdl.so.1
libaio.so.1 => /usr/lib/libaio.so.1
libmd5.so.1 => /usr/lib/libmd5.so.1
libmp.so.2 => /usr/lib/libmp.so.2
libthread.so.1 => /usr/lib/libthread.so.1
Content of /opt/CSCOpx/MDC/Apache/lib/ is:
bash-2.05# ls -al /opt/CSCOpx/MDC/Apache/lib/
drwxr-x--- 2 casuser casusers 512 May 6 2010 .
drwxrwxr-x 8 casuser casusers 512 Feb 16 18:22 ..
lrwxrwxrwx 1 casuser casusers 44 May 6 2010 libapr-1.so -> /opt/CSCOpx/MDC/Apache/lib/libapr-1.so.0.3.3
lrwxrwxrwx 1 casuser casusers 44 May 6 2010 libapr-1.so.0 -> /opt/CSCOpx/MDC/Apache/lib/libapr-1.so.0.3.3
-rwxr-x--- 1 casuser casusers 541816 Nov 3 2008 libapr-1.so.0.3.3
lrwxrwxrwx 1 casuser casusers 48 May 6 2010 libaprutil-1.so -> /opt/CSCOpx/MDC/Apache/lib/libaprutil-1.so.0.3.4
lrwxrwxrwx 1 casuser casusers 48 May 6 2010 libaprutil-1.so.0 -> /opt/CSCOpx/MDC/Apache/lib/libaprutil-1.so.0.3.4
-rwxr-x--- 1 casuser casusers 368476 Nov 3 2008 libaprutil-1.so.0.3.4
lrwxrwxrwx 1 casuser casusers 44 May 6 2010 libexpat.so -> /opt/CSCOpx/MDC/Apache/lib/libexpat.so.0.1.0
lrwxrwxrwx 1 casuser casusers 44 May 6 2010 libexpat.so.0 -> /opt/CSCOpx/MDC/Apache/lib/libexpat.so.0.1.0
-rwxr-x--- 1 casuser casusers 267276 Nov 3 2008 libexpat.so.0.1.0
so beside libm.so.2 everything seems to be in place - but it seems not to be recognized by /opt/CSCOpx/MDC/Apache/bin/web_server
Also libm.so.2 seems to be for solaris 10 (according to some threads on the web) and thus I ask myself if cwcs33-sol-CSCtj01051.tar is really intended for solaris 9...
And also, I ask myself how I can get LMS running again ...
Wow, that's not good. I am fairly certain that development assumed libm.so.2 would be present on "Solaris" and not that it was a Solaris 10 version of the shared library. I'm going to file a bug against this. In the meantime, this trick should get you running again:
ln -sf /lib/libm.so.1 /opt/CSCOpx/MDC/Apache/lib/libm.so.2
thank you Joe for filing the Bug.
When I observed the issue I was quite at a loss and it took me a while to find the reason.
I created a softlink on libm.so.2 but this didn' t solved the issue. ldd /opt/CSCOpx/MDC/Apache/bin/web-server showed that this library was now found but some other still not.
The reason was a bit strange and I am not sure if my troubleshooting steps caused it (e.g. re-applying the patch) or if I was just unconcentrated as "it was late in the evening ...."
Finally I found that the other library files which comes with LMS (libaprutil-1.so.0, libexpat.so.0, libiconv.so.2, libapr-1.so.0) and are stored in NMSROOT/MDC/Apache/lib have had a byte size of 0;
Happily, I had still another server running and could copy those files to the local server, restarted dmgtd and got it back running
So I am not sure if the patch just introduces libm.so.2 or if it also has some impact on somee other libraries in NMSROOT/MDC/Apache/lib.
I will update the other server in the next 2 or 3 weeks, then I can tell....