Views
Helpful
Replies

Error in Prime Infrastructure, after Update to 3.1.5

Dennis Nielsen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

After applying Maintenance release 3.1.5 to my Prime Infrastructure server (Physical appliance) I am having problems with Radius authentication to the Web UI

Every morning, when I get to the office, I can't sign in with Radius accounts (any) only a local admin account, then I just have to go to Administration -> Users/Roles/AAA page and click Save, then Radius authentication works again. All settings are there, I only have to click Save.

There are NO entries in the Radius server log, the Prime server never tries to do Radius Authentication, until the Save button is clicked, on the AAA settings page.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello Dennis,

It seems that the symptoms are similar to bug CSCvc60341.

Regards,

Alex

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Check your radius server authentication logs, compare a working logon, versus the case that you can't logon via radius; this will, in an initial stage , indicate, wether the radius connection is even attempted in the problematic case and or wether any errors are logged in the radius log,for the problem case.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Sorry, forgot to mention, that there are NO entries in the Radius server log, until I click Save in AAA Settings page, on the Prime server.

The Prime server doesn't even try to contact the Radius server.

- What's the output of  

ncs status

when the radius authentication is not working ?

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

DKHQNCS01/admin# ncs status
Health Monitor Server is running. ( [Role] Primary [State] HA not Configured )
Database server is running
FTP Service is running
TFTP Service is running
Matlab Server is running
Matlab Server Instance 1 is running
Matlab Server Instance 2 is running
Matlab Server Instance 3 is running
NMS Server is running.
Plug and Play Gateway is running.
SAM Daemon is running ...
DA Daemon is running ...
Compliance engine is running
DKHQNCS01/admin#

- Thanks for your feedback,for the moment I am out of further suggestions. Others may bump in and or it's definitely a case for TAC too.

M.

Hello Dennis,

It seems that the symptoms are similar to bug CSCvc60341.

Regards,

Alex

Thank you, seems to have solved the problem.

Hello Dennis,
The bug: CSCvc60341 has been fixed in Pi 3.1.5 Update1.

Release Notes :
http://www.cisco.com/web/software/284272933/136860/PI_3.1.5_Update_01_Release_Notes.pdf

Regards,
Alexandre