cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Error when trying to copy iOS image via FTP & SCP

pescla
Spotlight
Spotlight

I am trying to copy an iOS upgrade on my CSR1000v. sFTP&tFTP work with no issues, but are too slow.

So i am trying FTP & SCP. Both fail.

For FTP, i am using CoreFTP Server 2.0. CoreFTP recognizes that i am trying to access it, but after 30 seconds it times out (even with very small files)

%Error opening ftp://*:*@10.192.x.x/test.txt (Timed out)

The weirdest part: SCP works for small files (test.txt, just 4 bytes large). But larger files will say

%Error opening scp://*:*@10.192.x.x/csr1000v-universalk9.17.03.02.SPA.bin (Transfer aborted)

How can this be explained? The FTP user has permissions for the directory and i dont know of any issues the server could have.

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- As far as the SCP-case is concerned , check the logs of the remote ssh-server when this copy-attempt is being done. Seem applies for the FTP server where you may have the ability to activate verbose logging and or debugging (e.g.)

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

i will avoide SCP, FTP should be good... but always suggest to use TFTP.

FTP error seems to issue

%Error opening ftp://*:*@10.192.x.x/test.txt (Timed out)

copy from CSR running config to FTP check is that works ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Oh - i filled in the fields for PASV IP and port range  (didnt knew what that was before), and changed the Domain IP/Address from localhost to my IP, restarted service and now FTP works.... very tricky...

Glad all working good, we close as resolved now.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help