cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Export Data for Prime Infrastructure

Jeff Sweitzer
Level 1
Level 1

I started an Export for Prime Infrastructure on my LMS 4.2.3 box several days ago and it is still running.  There are approximately 3600 devices being exported from LMS I am guessing it should not take this long.  Would like to kill the process but I am not sure which one to stop?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ohh.. I thought ..you are doing it otherway ..

Restart the LMS services then.. (/etc/init.d/dmgtd stop  && /etc/init.d/dmgtd start)

Thanks-

Afroz

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jeff,

try to restart the PI ( ncs stop  and ncs start) ,as such there is no specific process to kill with respect to the senario.

after this ..check the device count in PI.

Thanks-

Afroz

[Do rate the useful  post]

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

ncs stop and start are PI commands the export was run on LMS 4.2.4 appliance which does not have these commands?

ohh.. I thought ..you are doing it otherway ..

Restart the LMS services then.. (/etc/init.d/dmgtd stop  && /etc/init.d/dmgtd start)

Thanks-

Afroz

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That would be lms he'd need to restart Afroz.

Depending on the platform:

Net stop crmdmgtd then net start crmdmgtd (Windows server)
Application stop LMS / application start LMS ( soft or physical appliance)

There is probably an individual process you could restart but I don't have it at my fingertips. I haven't exported one that big but usually it would only be a matter of minutes to complete. It's just a simple csv file.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

pdshow -brief showed numerous jobs that were not running (~50 numeric Processes), using pdreg -u I removed them and then performed a /etc/init.d/dmgtd stop & start.

Thanks for your help