Views
Helpful
Replies

FTD managment interface

h.dam
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a FTD 2130 in lab for testing (v6.7).

I would like to know if one can use management interface to route traffic?

Another question is: this interface can also use data interface as gateway. What are the use cases for this option?

what are the differences if compare with the management interface as gateway?

Thanks very much.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Most cases - Manangment is for OOB (out of band mnanagment connection - specific for Manangment only

Data interface, that is where most of the traffic go ingress and egress,  Device desined such way to get optimum results.

you can use other way around your choice  - it maintain different routes, but go with best option given as a path and suggested as deployment methods.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- FYI : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/misc/fmc-ftd-mgmt-nw/fmc-ftd-mgmt-nw.html#ID-2242-00000168

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Hello marce,

Thank you for the link. I am going to read this long document.

For information, I didn't have FMC. So the configuration is done using the FDM.

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Most cases - Manangment is for OOB (out of band mnanagment connection - specific for Manangment only

Data interface, that is where most of the traffic go ingress and egress,  Device desined such way to get optimum results.

you can use other way around your choice  - it maintain different routes, but go with best option given as a path and suggested as deployment methods.

BB

Hello Balaji,

If I understood, mgmt interface routes only mgmt traffic. But we can also use data interface to pass through mgmt traffic and data traffic.

In my mind, mgmt traffic are dns, tftp, ntp, radius, netflow, snmp, syslog. Can this mgmt interface route all of these or limits to some of them because of performance?

May be my question is stupid but Cisco document talks only about dns, ntp and syslog.

Thanks.

yes management can use all these features you looking for on the Management. HTH

BB