cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Get Mac of device conected at switch

julianelizondo
Level 1
Level 1

I have a catalyst 2955 and im trying to foind a way of getting the mac address of the device directly connected to my switch ports using SNMP. I'm aware that BRIDGE-MIB has item “dot1dTpFdbTable” which gives you a table with all the macs and ports. But to read this it has to be done using "get next" or "get bulk", not by only using "get". I need to be able to read an entry of the table with a single SNMP OID number.

This way i could first get all the macs individually, then all the port numbers and then i could build my table, without using "get next" or "get Bulk"

Any ideas on how can I read each entry of the table by using get with a single SNMP OID number

2 Replies 2

m.sir
Level 7
Level 7

So you need show mac-address-table dynamic command

OID should be .1.3.6.1.2.1.17.4.3.1.1

this document would be helpful

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk648/tk362/technologies_tech_note09186a00801c9199.shtml

M.

Hope that helps rate if does

Using OID .1.3.6.1.2.1.17.4.3.1.1 I get the entire table, what I´m want to do is that i want to be able to get a single entry of that table using a single OID.

Im using an SNMP-OPC server and the server does not has the capability of reading an entire table, the server is only able to read single entries and convert them to OPC.