cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

getting syslog events in prime infrastructure 3.5 from third party devices (HP switch)

Stephan Hendl
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I've Prime Infrastructure 3.5 and two thrid party switches (HP ProCurve) which are succesfully imported via SNMP in the PI unter "Inventory / Device Management / Network Device /  Devices Type / Third Party Device". So far so good. In the HP switches I've configured the PI as syslog server:

logging 10.142.235.91
logging severity info
logging notify running-config-change

But unfortunately there are no syslog messages in the PI for that devices. What's wrong?

Regards

Stephan

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

how about trying source interface example where prime can reach via vlan or interface. ? is this possible ?

Not sure below command works in HP - Try

ip source-interface syslog  vlan XX  ( change this as per the requirement)

Look below document : default settings different in HP switches you need to add  - Logging x.x.x.x udp -  i guess.

https://techhub.hpe.com/eginfolib/networking/docs/switches/common/15-18/5998-6873_SSW_troubleshooting/content/ch04s07.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hello Balaji,

I tried you proposes - unfortuantely neither the copmmand "ip source-interface all <ip-address>" nor specifing the 514/udp port and protocol were the solution. 514/udp is default, so there ois no need to change here.

There are packets on port 514/udp going in the PI server but the syslog messages are not shown in the syslog viewer. 

Regads

Stephan

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

as per the OP, i was in impression the logs are not reaching PI, but recent update information PI getting Logs and it was not showing in PI is this correct ?

Do you see other devices Logs ? or no other logs can be viewed ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Stephan Hendl
Level 1
Level 1

Yes, I can see log messages of anc Cisco-based devices (Switches and WLC) but not of third party devices. I also see SNMP traps.

In a wireshark trace I can see the packets (syslog as well as SNMP) going to the PI.