Views
Helpful
Replies

Help Please

Skyamoebe551
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, 

I am hoping to get more help here. I have created the ipv4 address that I want to use in this case. Can I please have some help with actually configuring the rest of what I am supposed to do? I need to apply this custom plan to what I have so far. Remote Office 2 will not be created as that step hasn't been done yet. 

Create a new custom subnet plan from a single Class C private address range and the instructor assigned octet. (192.168.yy.0).
(i.e., Instructor's network is 192.168.200.0: The starting network ID is 192.168.200.0)
• The custom subnet plan must:
Support three ‘company’ locations.
o Main Office: 3 departments and Wi-Fi (4 subnetworks including Vlan 1).
o Remote Office 1: 2 departments and Wi-Fi (3 subnetworks).
o Remote Office 2: 1 department and Wi-Fi (2 subnetworks).
• Each department has a maximum of 10 people and 2 network-attached printers
• Each Wi-Fi segment must support at least one mobile device for each person in the facility.

8 Replies 8

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- FYI : Community group for Packet Tracer project questions

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Martin L
VIP
VIP

Looks good; good start; you need WiFi APs and WiFi networks. 

To show off what PT can do and support, PT developers have included some samples of tech with configs (under File, Open sample).  u can always find some close to your issue/idea; open, study/investigate and apply to your lab.

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses ** 

So I did more changes to the PT but now I can ping sales to sales but I can not ping engineering to engineering or sales to engineering or to manufacturing. I have tried all that I know on troubleshooting. Could someone tell me where I am going wrong?

ping engineering to engineering  -works for me; in addition to what Peter wrote in his reply to u ; I would use ROAS, if u study ROAS concepts already (and if it should be used)

Regards, ML

Now I have to be able to ping sales to engineering and that doesn't work as well as using any pc to ping manufacturing and using the manufacturing pc to ping sales or engineering. I have been using this template up until project 6 and using the ip addresses on page 32. 

PDF instructions provide u with detailed step by step commands and process/explanations. Just copy and paste commands.

if u cannot ping smthg or smthg does not look right, just go back to review PDF steps and compare it.

Regards, ML

Skyamoebe551
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you both. So I did more changes to the PT but now I can ping sales to sales but I can not ping engineering to engineering or sales to engineering or to manufacturing. I have tried all that I know on troubleshooting. Could someone tell me where I am going wrong?

Hello,

I might be missing something, but the switches and routers have no configs, just modules ? Can you post the running configs of all switches and all routers ?