Views
Helpful
Replies

High memory utilization after few days - ciscoworks LMS 4.0.1

david_austria
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have the problem that our ciscoworks server gets out of memory after few days. The memory utilization is always getting higher an higher (above 95%). Sometimes it is only after 3 days and sometimes it is after 1 week. So it happens not regulary. Has anyone an idea what could be the problem? I have made an screenshot from the services which use a lot of memory. And at this time the memory utilization is getting higher and higher again....I think there is a problem with tomcat or dbsrv10.exe, there are also a lot of cwjava.exe running.

Kindly regards
David Mayer

8 Replies 8

Gaganjeet Chug
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Kindly share the server specification and the number of devices you are managing in CiscoWorks LMS.

Many Thanks,

Gaganjeet

Hi,

here are the specifications:

CPU: Intel Xeon with 2x 2,66 GHz

RAM: 8GB

Windows Server2008 R2 Enterprise

Number of managed devices: 198

You screenshot indicates ~6.24 GB (78% of 8 GB) is being used. This is not unexpected for CiscoWorks. The cwjava processes are also normal. I typically see 6+ GB in use on my similarly-equipped server.

Hi David,

Is it new installation or upgraded from the old installation.

Many Thanks,

Gaganjeet

@mklemovitch: But the utilization is always getting hiher and higer, so the server runs out of memory!

@gaganjeet:

It's a new installation, only the databases are imported from an older version.

david_austria
Level 1
Level 1

Has nobody an idea?

Hello,

I have the same problem. First time I've tried to upgrade memory from 8gb to 16gb but I am still experiencing same issues (Memory is running on 98%). I'm not sure exactly what process it is causing this issue, because when I've checked all proccesses from all users running on this server and count them there is no 15 gb at all. My guess is the same for tomcat server which is responsible for RME collector, or correct me if I'm wrong.

Do you have any idea what can cause this problem.

I've tried to upgrade then to Cisco works Prime lan management 4.1, but server went with same issues.

Thanks a lot

David, Peter,

run pdshow -brief and  tasklist

Combine the info from the two uisng the pid and you know what LMS process is using the memory

Cheers,

Michel

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: