Views
Helpful
Replies

how to automatic upgrade sw by scripting

Heiko.Bialozyt
Level 1
Level 1

hello

is there  a way to use "archive upload-sw" in a script?

thanks

Heiko

6 Replies 6

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

To do an upgrade?  Did you mean archive download-sw?  Either way, you can use these commands in a script provided your script waits long enough for them to complete (and you specify all of the options or interact with any prompts).  A software upgrade can last a long time (depending on platform and network protocol).  I would recommend configuring the EEM policy with a maxrun around 30 minutes just to be safe (maxrun 1800).

a try to make it simple. ich i connect a new switch first time. I would like to send them a default config file (this is trivial) and of course the right image. but cisco delivers with different old versions and most are on 12.2 an below. so i dont can use EMM until i have upgraded this device. thats why i ask for a solution.

it would be perfect to setup them by a config file and the valid image in one step.

thanks for ideas

Heiko

Have a look at this attached presentation where we used EEM + auto-config to do zero touch provisioning.  I think this is what you're talking about.

Hi Joseph

it's a real interestig presentation.it confirms as i expected. it is possible. but i'm not familar with EEM-scripting. may be it's possible to get as hort sample

many thanks

Heiko

Hmmmm ... Not really EEM but are you talking about ZeroTouch?

You plug a new switch (no config, of course) into a 3560 or 3750 and this new switch pulls down the specified IOS and model-specific configuration.

If this is the case, type in "Zero-Touch leo" in the search bar on the upper right-hand corner for the link.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Nintendo App

jrethmann
Level 1
Level 1

Yes, I have developed a configuration along with EEM scripts that upgrade my 3560's in my lab, and all I have to do is set the version of IOS on the server and clear the box and reboot.  I have the EEM scripts pull a config and upgrade/downgrade the box via the archive command set.  Currently I am using a raspberry py as the server, and it works great, I would not recommend for heavy loads.  I am currently writing a frontend and writing up documents to explain the process.  I am also brainstorming to see if I am able to get this to work with other devices.  If you are interested in seeing what I have at this time, just let me know.  This is a very part-time project for me at the moment.