cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How To Create A DHCP reservation- Cisco EPC3928S

Chris-N
Level 1
Level 1

I wish to create a DHCP reservation to stop my wireless doorbell going offline. I need step by step instructions please using the software on my Cisco EPC3928S modem. Your advice would be appreciated.

Kind regards

Chris

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris-N
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you very much for your reply. 

These are the instructions I am trying to follow:

https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/360023559372-Fixing-Your-Devices-Falling-Offline-Repeatedly-by-Adjusting-Your-Router

• Create a DHCP reservation. A DHCP reservation is a permanent IP address assignment that is reserved for the use of one device. Using the Mac ID listed on the back of your Ring device or on the box, create a DHCP reservation to ensure that every time your Ring device connects to your router, it will be given the same address.

After some searching maybe I have found it. I have opened the page in your screenshot and clicked, " Pre assigned DHCP addresses". Then a new window opens with the option of entering the Mac address of the device and the assigned IP address. I did that with my device and it now appears as "Reserved IP address" . So maybe that will work for me.

Kind regards

Chris

Pre Asigned DHCP_.jpg

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Hi

There´s no such thing available. But I have found this print on the internet. It seems you can not explicitly reserver IP address but it gives you the possiblity of start the DHCP scope from where you want. All you need to do is start assigning IP address from 10, like the page below. This means that from 1 up to 9 never will be assign to your devices and you can assign manually.

If you need more then 10 IP address reserverd, just change the number accordingly.

FlavioMiranda_0-1685572026416.png

Chris-N
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you very much for your reply. 

These are the instructions I am trying to follow:

https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/360023559372-Fixing-Your-Devices-Falling-Offline-Repeatedly-by-Adjusting-Your-Router

• Create a DHCP reservation. A DHCP reservation is a permanent IP address assignment that is reserved for the use of one device. Using the Mac ID listed on the back of your Ring device or on the box, create a DHCP reservation to ensure that every time your Ring device connects to your router, it will be given the same address.

After some searching maybe I have found it. I have opened the page in your screenshot and clicked, " Pre assigned DHCP addresses". Then a new window opens with the option of entering the Mac address of the device and the assigned IP address. I did that with my device and it now appears as "Reserved IP address" . So maybe that will work for me.

Kind regards

Chris

Pre Asigned DHCP_.jpg