cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to enable Automatic alerts via email/SMS in Cisco works?

fathar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am using Cisco works VPN/Security management solution bundle having products RME Ver 3.4, Cisco view ,IDS sensor, Cisco security manager etc.

I have configured all routers and switches in RME and I can see there status live.But I cannot see anny option which allow me to get automatic alerts via email or sms in case of any problem with devices or link. Pls advise how I can configure with my existing cisco works software or if I need to buy any additional module for this.

Many thanks.!

2 Replies 2

sachinraja
Level 9
Level 9

Hi fathar,

as of the vms bundle, there are options to trigger mails on the security monitor, when a particular signature triggers. I dont think you have an option to send mails if a link or device goes down. You can track the syslog manually, or send it to some other syslog server (like kiwi) which supports mailing options...

This option is available on the DFM (device fault manager) which is a part of the Cisco LMS package. This feature is also availabe on Monitoring center for performance which is a part of the VMS bundle. Refer the following URL for more details:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/cscowork/ps5387/products_user_guide_chapter09186a00801ce255.html

hope this helps.. all the best.. rate replies if found useful..

raj

Martin Ermel
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If the RME 3.4 is the same application as included in the LMS bundle there is an option under Resource Manger -> Administration ->Syslog Analysis -> Define Automatic Action. Look in the online help for details, there is a standard scipt included in the installation that you can use for email alerts based on incoming syslog messages.

Martin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: