cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to Enable FIPS on Prime Infrastructure?

Is there a link to an article explaining step by step how to enable FIPS mode on Prime Infrastructure? Current version is 3.5, however have plans to upgrade to 3.6 then 3.7. I think there may be steps I need to take during the install but I never saw a specific question during install that referred to FIPS mode. When in the terminal I can enter " show security-status" and see that FIPS mode is disabled.

2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- As far as I understand FIPS mode can only be enabled during initial installation :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/prime/infrastructure/3-2-fips/quickstart/guide/cpi_qsg.html

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

When comparing the quick start guide instructions for PI 3.2FIPS verses PI 3.5 steps 7 and 10 did not mention FIPS. May need to roll back to PI 3.2FIPS. Will try disabling/stopping the FTP, TFTP, and PnP processes to see if that will show FIPS mode enable from the terminal.

*** step 7 Select Yes to proceed with the installation, or select No to re-enter high availability and FIPS mode options.***

*** Step 10 Run the ncs status command (see Check Prime Infrastructure Server Status in the Cisco Prime Infrastructure FIPS 3.2 Administrator Guide ) to verify that the processes have restarted. You should see the following process statuses:

All Processes are up and running.
FIPS (Standalone): FTP, TFTP, and PnP are disabled. Other processes are running.***

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card